Whenever a product is sold in the course of a business it must be safe for its intended use. The Consumer Protection Act 1987 states that if a product causes personal injury that wasn't due to misuse of the product, the person injured has the legal right to make a claim for compensation against the manufacturer of the product or the retailer responsible for selling it. So if you've been injured by a defective product you could have a claim for compensation.
Common types of accident
Accidents due to defective products can happen in many ways but accidents which the lawyers at Alker Ball Healds solicitors have dealt with include:
- Broken pedal on a bicycle causing the rider to fall off
- Broken chair which collapsed under our client's weight
- Faulty washing machine which gave our client a severe electric shock
- Faulty tin opener which gave our client a nasty gash on her thumb
- Food poisoning caused by sale of infected meat
- Faulty hair straighteners which caused serious burns
At Alker Ball Healds solicitors we work on a "no win no fee" basis and so if you do not succeed you will not have any legal costs to pay. We are able to provide a quick estimate of the compensation you could recover. We will never settle your claim for less than you deserve.
If you have had an accident caused by a defective product we provide an initial free consultation. You can phone our specialist defective product accident lawyers on 01942 246241